Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

The Journey Begins : The Doors

Well the journey begins... I am going to start with the oldest album on my 300 list:
1.The Doors - The Doors
The Doors debut album was first released in 1967 showing the decade's dark side,compared with what had been before
( Flowers in my hair etc).
With the opening track 'Break On Through' The Doors had set out their intent for the rest of the album.
This track is I believe, one of the greatest openers on any album but the classics didn't stop there. We all know Light My Fire
but other tracks such as the playful 'Alabama Song' (Well the lyrics aren't exactly 'Playful') and the stomping 'Twentieth
Century Fox' are my own personal favourites. Jim Morrison shows he has such versatility one moment rock god,
the next a story teller
The album closes with the 11 minute epic 'The End' (A song I once wanted as my wedding march,If the day
would have come when I was 19.) A very ambitious track to release on an album in any era.
Classic!! The Doors The End From Oliver Stones Film
WHY I  ♥ THIS ALBUM
' The End' reminds of a old friend called Howard Alleway (Song writer of Man In The Corner and film maker)
Not long after meeting him for the first time, I was shown a film that was a work in progress. It involved lights and mirrors and included excerpts of Jack Nicholson losing the plot in 'The Shining' . All this was set to the music 'The End'.

RED RUM

No comments:

Post a Comment